08 February 2010

Chic Boutique Hotel






LOVE the Chamberlain Hotel in West Hollywood.  This story of love at 1st sight is two fold for me.  I fell in love with the interior decor the second I stepped foot into the lobby & I fell in love with the man I'm going to marry the second I stepped into the restaurant.  It's nothing short of ironic (but typical) that when I dug a little deeper to see who was the master mind behind this gorgeous space today it was Kelly Wearstler (the subject of my last entry) & her protege David McCauley.

Inspiration & decor seems to be pulled from several different genre's and era's throughout this boutique hotel . There's no doubt however that there are both Chinese & Morrocan influences- which I adore.
  
In the sitting area a chic marble herringbone floor & gorgeous sea foam green glass lamps stand out against an eclectic mix of furnishings.  The restaurant is tonal but not any less striking.  It gives off an old greenhouse vibe with a wall of windows and a backdrop of lush banana plants.  Sage green, turquoise, sea foam, & white are married together to create a serene atmosphere while lantern inspired pendants, Moroccan floor tiles and decorative coral atop sconce shelves add elements of intrigue.  Eclectic, chic, & inspiring!  A must see for sure....http://www.chamberlainwesthollywood.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment