31 October 2011

...paris fleas...

...I wish I had taken more pictures...these don't serve the paris fleas much justice!  I hoofed it to one of the largest ones in Clignancourt- march aux puces last monday.  When the taxi driver dropped me off he told me to beware of pic-pockets...I definitely felt like I was in the "wrong" part of paris initially & definitely stuck out like a sore thumb.  The actual market is surrounded with gimmicky vendors selling tons of crap, but if you just duck into one of the side alleys its the difference of night & day-  it gets super quiet & there is a whole network of alleys within this area that are filled with flea market vendors & antique dealers....Its quite magical actually.  I was definitely a little overwhelmed as to where to start & what to look for, but once I caught my groove I was fine!  There were some real gems to be found here, but the prices were definitely steep...

No comments:

Post a Comment