08 May 2013

...portugal...


...the Portugal post is here....finally!  We embarked on a grand roadtrip with my brother & his girlfriend to Portugal while they were here a couple weeks ago....venturing down to the very southwest tip to Lagos & then up to Lisbon....what a magical country with tons of inspiration!


I was totally in awe with all the tiles, which were everywhere...mostly on the exterior facades of buildings in both Lagos & Lisbon.


I found some great type & old doors- obsessed!  If you ever get to Portugal you must try some of the regional specialties...my favs were the patatas bravas, vino verde, & the piri-piri sauce.  And if you make it to Lagos eat at Cafe Xpreitaqui, it's an awesome local tapas & wine bar with a great vibe.

...I had to take away some souveniers of course....There were some great street vendors in Lagos selling all sorts of fun seed bead jewelry- I walked away with handfuls for gifts...as well as a tile cheese plate & a boucherouite style rug & mini soaps (fell in love with the patterned packaging)...x mvg

No comments:

Post a Comment