09 March 2010

Native Inspiration in the Hole...

If you've ever been to Jackson Hole you can understand how some people venture out for a season and never come back (my brother & sister being textbook examples).  I just got back from snowboarding & visiting the fam there with my fiance & had the opportunity to pop around Jackson to get inspired during some down time.

The Pendleton store in Jackson caught my eye immediately.  Native American inspired prints have been tacked to my studio bulletin board for months but seeing & touching these textiles in person is a whole different experience- especially a classic like Pendleton.  Their first jacquard blanket was woven in 1909 and since then they have been known for their quality Native American style wool blankets & throws.  They also did an apparel collaboration last fall with Opening Ceremony among other brands.   Here are some of my favorite rug pics...

Chimayo Throw
Four Winds Blanket
Casa Bohemia Blanket
Pebble Beach Blanket

Another gem in Jackson for great textiles & antiques is Davies-Reid - located on the corner of Cache & Deloney in the square.  My sister & I got sucked in- this place was amazing!  I wish I had taken some pics because their website only showcases the rugs and doesn't give justice to the breadth of tribal rugs, throws, antiques, & decor they had in stock.  I fell in love with a cashmere tribal throw from there...but at $1800 I decided to keep looking for a less expensive alternative...





No comments:

Post a Comment